Tuesday, January 23, 2018

NBA Drafters, Draft & DraftKings Article - Tuesday January 23rd 2018

We have a 5 game slate of NBA action tonight. Here are my contests, strategies and players that I will be targeting on this slate.


Picture By Keith Allison from Hanover, MD, USA (Russell Westbrook) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

We have a 5 game slate tonight of NBA! It's a good slate too. Although it's on the smaller slide, there are a number of stars to choose from. Getting the right stars right tonight is going to be key just like it was last night. If you didn't have DeMarcus Cousins last night, it was basically game over for you on all the sites.

Let's start with the contests that I'm targeting tonight.

On Drafters, I'm currently undefeated in head to head contests. I just started playing them so I've only played 7. However, I'm not going to argue with the early results. So at least 60% of my entry fees tonight are going to go towards head to head contests. The other 40% will go to anywhere between 3 person, 4 person or 5 person depending on what's available on the site.

On Draft, I prefer to split my entry fees tonight between 3 person drafts and 6 person drafts. If there are any head to head or 3 person tournaments, I will play those tonight. If not, I'll just stick with the 3 person and 6 person tournaments.

On DraftKings, I play GPP contests only and tonight is no exception. Lately I've been sticking to the 20 entry max GPP contests. The cash lines for single entry haven't been much lower than they have been for 20 entry and on some nights, the 20 entry cash line has been even lower! That's why it's important to watch the contests and don't just go by the prevailing "wisdom." Things change all the time in this industry.

As for strategy tonight in the earlier rounds on both Drafters and Draft, this is one of those nights where you simply want to take best available in the early portions of the draft. That will work fine for head and 3 man. The big difference is on Drafters you can take a center if he is best available due to the multi-position eligibility. On Draft I would not think about taking a center until the last round in most formats. The only exception is for 6 person contests, I would do my best to make sure I get one of the top 4 centers as there is a big drop off after them.

For DraftKings, stars and scrubs is the way I'm going tonight. I will make sure I have at least one 10K plus guy on my team and preferably another 8k plus guy on my team. That will leave me with around 5k average to build with. I may do one midrange lineup as well just to be contrarian.

For Drafters and Draft I'm going to give you the top 20 players that I like tonight. This will give you enough players for most formats. They will be divided into 4 tiers of 5 players each.

Tier 1
  • Russell Westbrook PG
  • Kevin Durant SF/PF
  • Stephen Curry SG/PG
  • LeBron James SF/PF
  • Kyrie Irving SG/PG
Tier 2
  • LaMarcus Aldridge C/PF
  • Draymond Green C/PF
  • Paul George SF/SG
  • Aaron Gordon SF/PF
  • Klay Thompson SF/SG
Tier 3
  • Al Horford C/PF
  • Elfrid Payton PG
  • Kevin Love C/PF
  • Isaiah Thomas PG
  • Carmelo Anthony SF/PF
Tier 4
  • Steven Adams C
  • Willie Cauley Stein C/PF
  • Tim Hardaway Jr SF/SG
  • Michael Beasley SF/PF
  • Spencer Dinwiddie PG
For DraftKings, here are my top 10 favorite plays tonight based on how much exposure I plan on having to them. This could change based on news that breaks but it will at least let you know where my head is at currently.
  • DeJounte Murray PG $4,600
  • Bogdan Bogdanovic SG/SF $5,500
  • LaMarcus Aldridge PF/C $8,700
  • De'Aaron Fox PG $5,200
  • Marcus Morris SF/PF $5,000
  • Skal Labissiere PF/C $4,400
  • Michael Beasley SF/PF $5,500
  • Tim Hardaway Jr SG/SF $6,700
  • Russell Westbrook PG $11,800
  • Stephen Curry PG/SG $10,500
Try Drafters Fantasy Sports! One of the hottest new daily fantasy sports sites around! Use our promo code DFSMASTERS15 and when you make a deposit of any amount, they will give you a 50% MATCH of that amount up to $100. Deposit $50??? Get $25 in bonus money for free! Deposit $100? Get $50 in bonus money for free! Click Here To Sign Up Now

Try out DRAFT risk free! Deposit a minimum of $10 and get a free $3 entry! You will also be qualified for special DFSMasters promotions that we do in the future. If we get 50 signups between now and the end of the month we will host a $150 Freeroll Tournament
Click Here To Sign Up Now

Looking for another fantasy site to try out with a unique format? Try DraftBoard! You can play some pretty creative lineups on this format including multiple centers! Deposit a minimum of $10 and receive a $5 credit for free! Deposit a minimum of $20 and receive a $10 credit for free! Click Here To Sign Up Now 





No comments:

Post a Comment